Manual Recliners Vs Power Recliners
Recliner chairs come in a wide range of variety of colors, shapes, brands and sizes. With so much to choose from, it can become a little overwhelming to make an informed decision. Without having the proper knowledge about a product it becomes difficult to purchase the right one. One of the most important factors in the furniture world has always been its functionality and comfort. Similarly, what divides the power recliners and manual recliners is their functionality which will be explained below in this article.
If you are buying something as a furniture piece and are on a restricted budget, the manual chairs are a better option. These chairs are operated with the help of a lever. The benefits of a manual recliner are:
- They are cheaper because of fewer features
- Simple mechanism compared to the power recliners. It is easy to maintain and less expensive to repair
- They are smaller and lighter in size compared to the power recliners, which means you can easily move them around the house.
And the downside of manual recliners is:
- You can expect wear and tear as their lifespan is not as much as that of power recliners
- They come with less options in terms of position and angle settings.
It is a relatively new technology introduced to the world of recliners. It is basically adjusted and controlled in a desirable angle and position by an electrically powered handset. The benefits of power recliners are:
- They are extremely easy to use. Highly convenient for those who suffer from various disabilities that restricts their motion.
- Because less or physical exertion is required it is comfortable for elderly people
- Power Recliners are covered for by the state and local authorities as medical necessity for those who are unable to use a regular recliner
- The power recliners have different positions and a wider range of motion
- Less wear and tear because it is not manually operated, which increases its lifespan.
But there is always a downside of a product as well. The cons of a power recliner are:
- They are more expensive than manual recliners
- They are difficult to move because of their weight
- The mobility of a chair can be restricted
- If any component of the motor is damaged, the system of power recliner chairs would require an expensive repair.